From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Spam filters
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:33:49
1 On Saturday 28 September 2002 11:25, Mark Gordon wrote:
2
3 > Same here. I see no major problems with any of the lists being
4 > subscriber only. Anyone who can install a system should be able to
5 > manage subscribing!
6
7 This is one of the things I don't understand about gentoo. The About page says
8 gentoo is aimed at power users, the installation process reflects just that
9 and then they choose nano because it's easier for newbies and make the
10 mailinglists non-subscribe-only because it's better for newbies? Sorry but
11 somehow I think they should really think about this, are we newbie friendly
12 or not?
13
14 Even if the answer is yes, everyone that managed to get anywhere near where
15 they have to use nano to edit something will also manage to subscribe to a
16 maillinglist!
19 Alex
22 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
23 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
24 Benjamin Franklin