From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Suggestions for /etc/profile
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:41:33
1 Hey all,
2
3 Just a few suggestions.
4
5 1- add '-i' aliases. I think its better to have to specify -f to force than
6 to have to remember -i to ask before removing something.
7
8 2- Freebsd always has 'ls -A' for root (meaning root 'ls' always shows
9 hidden files). I think this is a nice touch.
10 3- Also (iirc) from BSD, 'rmold' removes all vim and emacs temp files. Just
11 nice to have. I forget the alias...and I forget what emacs temp files look
12 like....so someone else will have to give an example.
13
14 Little stuff I know, but its all in the details. ;-)
15
16 -Tom