From: Joe DeRosa <derosa@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] kernel 2.4.10 Unresolved symbols
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:50:07
1 Try this,
2 Build a new bzImage and install it in your boot partition. This image
3 must contain all you need without modules to get the basic system up and
4 running IE all scsi/ide drivers and filesystems. Make modules, but don't
5 do a modules_install yet.
6 Reboot using the new kernel
7 Then do a modules_install
8 What is happening, and I'm not sure why is the depmod is trying to find
9 dependencies from the old kernel module tree.
10
11 This worked for me.
12
13 Joe
14
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
17 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org] On Behalf Of Dan Nelson
18 Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 1:37 AM
19 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
20 Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel 2.4.10 Unresolved symbols
21
22 I am compiling kernel 2.4.10 and getting the following Unresolved symbol
23
24 errors while doing the make modules_install:
25
26 if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map 2.4.10; fi
27 depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
28 /lib/modules/2.4.4-ac9/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o
29 depmod: contig_page_data_R4f152932
30 depmod: pm_register_R8dbab11c
31 depmod: pm_unregister_all_R9c0ba5b2d
32
33 There are more but they are all the same. I am attempting to update to
34 this
35 kernel on a 1.0 rc5 box.
36
38 gentoo-dev mailing list