From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Should portage tree CVS impose a commit moratorium during snapshot creation?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 07:50:32
1 Zac Medico posted on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:36:59 -0800 as excerpted:
2
3 >> Thought: Do the CVS keyword expansion in repoman, and then feed the
4 >> expanded file to CVS for commit. This gives you a fixed file, which
5 >> you can then generate your manifest against.
6 >
7 > Yeah, I guess that will work, if we disable the keyword expansion on the
8 > CVS server (is it possible?).
9
10 If I'm reading him correctly, Douglas is suggesting to do the expansion
11 in repoman, so the keyword that are normally expanded aren't even there
12 to expand any longer.
13
14 Then expansion doesn't need to be disabled on the server, since the ebuild
15 has no expandable keywords to trigger it. That leaves the ability to
16 still use the keywords intact, if there's a special-case need for them or
17 something.
18
19 Of course that assumes that the keywords are suitably distinct such that
20 they won't ordinarily be found in the pre-expanded lines. Whether that's
21 actually the case or not I've no idea...
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman