From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, ulm@g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [New eclass] twisted-r1.eclass
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:37:21
1 >>>>> On Sat, 3 Aug 2013, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2
3 > Dnia 2013-08-03, o godz. 17:54:42 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
4 > napisa³(a):
5
6 >> This looks just horrible. You do decimal arithmetic on octal
7 >> numbers?
8
9 > Yes. Bash wasn't really happy to do octal arithmetic for me. Yet in
10 > this particular case, with proper assumptions, decimal arithmetic is
11 > practically equivalent.
12
13 Do you consider that in future maybe someone else has to maintain that
14 code? IMHO we should avoid such hacks.
15
16 Why don't you do the calculations in decimal throughout? You can
17 convert to octal (using printf) in the last step.
18
19 Ulrich