From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:09:13
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 11:21 +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
3 >> Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>> This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically the
5 >>> 2nd Thursday once a month), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
6 >>> irc.freenode.net) !
7 >> Would like the Council to discuss the current state of Gentoo Bugzilla
8 >> [1] and anon CVS/SVN [2].
9 >
10 > Please elaborate why you need the council to discuss
11 > ongoing active bugs that are in progress.
14 I would also like to know why the council has to be involved since
15 you've never sent an email to infra specifically asking the same thing
16 first. Sure makes sense to me that you should ask the group involved
17 with the work first instead of going to the top.
18
19 But since I'm typing it now, I might as well answer it.
20
21 I finally got the hardware this week for bugs, and I've been working on
22 bringing those boxes online. If I'm lucky, I'll have them at least
23 booting on their own today.
24
25 The anoncvs/svn stuff needs the attention of some knowledgeable cvs/svn
26 guru. We want to ensure that we cover all our grounds in the setup so
27 that we don't make a system that's easily DoS'able. If anyone wants to
28 help out with that, please contact KingTaco as he's the contact for that
29 project right now.
30
31 Patience is indeed a virtue.
34 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
35 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
36
37 ---
38 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
39 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
40
41 ramereth/irc.freenode.net