From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git migration?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 14:39:45
1 On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch 04 Mai 2011, 00:18:08 schrieb Alec Warner:
3 >> ask on the gentoo-scm list?
4 >>
5 >> -A
6 >
7 > I'd say this is of enough general interest, and the relevant people are for sure also subscribed here...
8 >
9 > -A
10 >
11 > --
12 > Andreas K. Huettel
13 > Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
14 > dilfridge@g.o
15 > http://www.akhuettel.de/
18 Andreas,
19
20 While what you say is likely true, what occurs with your request is
21 fragmentation of the information. That said, I think the majority of
22 the information you seek is available in the gentoo-scm archives. From
23 what I know about this, I think the issue is time and the ancillary
24 utilities, like repoman, that will need to be updated. Beyond that
25 documentation is required.
26
27 See this thread for more info.
28 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-scm/msg_98932c55ec10fcc5445ab950e62b12dc.xml
29
30 I know we are all pretty excited to migrate to git, but there is
31 little reason to rush something this monumental. It seems far better
32 to take the time to get it absolutely correct, technically (the best
33 kind), the first time.
34
35 I am certain, in any case, that your interest and involvement in this
36 effort would be appreciated.
37
38 Thanks,
39 Matthew