From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:25:53
Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 06:37:41PM -0500, Steev Klimaszewski wrote: >> Just picking a random response to reply to. I'm not speaking >> officially, however, I'm pretty sure we at Genesi aren't going to pay >> Microsoft in order to boot our own boards. > If you don't want your boards to be Windows 8 certified, then you are > fine. Otherwise, you have to follow their guidelines, which I don't > think requires paying them any money if you want to run Windows 8. > > Also, as these are "your own boards", you control the BIOS, so you don't > even have to implement UEFI, or, if you do, you can control what keys > are installed in the BIOS by default. > > So I don't understand the issue here, please explain. > > greg k-h > > . >
I'm glad you said that. If I was going to have to pay M$ to run Linux, I was thinking of shooting them with laser eyes or something. I have no plans to ever support M$ in any shape, form or fashion. Period. Thing is, they will likely try to make it so you can't disable it eventually. Some politician will try to make it a law if nothing else. After all, politicians are clueless anyway. Reminds me of chickens and it raining. :/ Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"