From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lame use flag, local to global
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:01:45
1 Wednesday, 10. October 2007, Steve Dibb Ви написали:
2 > The little lame use flag has started showing up more in local use flags,
3 > and all for the same purpose, MP3 support using LAME libraries. I vote
4 > we move it into a global use flag. Any objections, let me know.
5 Are these cases lame specific or would majority (all?) of them be satisfied
6 with the "mp3 encoding" notion? That is, would it make sense for these
7 packages to use a more general flag instead? Now, mp3 stands for "Add support
8 for reading mp3 files", but, perhaps, it would be usefull to extend it to
9 cover decoding and encoding? (or, alternatively, introduce some global mp3enc
10 flag?)
11
12 George
13 --