From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wondering if a news item is needed for NM update
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:28:42
1 Hi,
2
3 On 29/11/14 11:23, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 > We are wondering if a news item will be needed for people updating to
5 > latest networkmanager to remember them that they will need to
6 > reconfigure their networks *after* NM is updated. We currently show this
7 > messages in ebuild itself:
8 > ewarn "Ifnet plugin is now disabled because of it being unattended"
9 > ewarn "and unmaintained for a long time, leading to some unfixed bugs"
10 > ewarn "and new problems appearing. We will now use upstream 'keyfile'"
11 > ewarn "plugin."
12 > ewarn "Because of this, you will likely need to reconfigure some of"
13 > ewarn "your networks. To do this you can rely on Gnome control center,"
14 > ewarn "nm-connection-editor or nmtui tools for example once updated"
15 > ewarn "NetworkManager version is installed."
16 >
17 > What do you think? :/
18
19 I think ewarn is fine. NM seems not widespread enough to inform
20 everybody about this.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Thomas