From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to correctly use golang-vcs with the Google API libraries?
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 00:35:49
1 To correctly support the entire Google API library set, do we need a
2 separate ebuild for every single one? This definitely can be automated.
3
4 https://godoc.org/google.golang.org/api
5
6 With golang-vcs, using google.golang.org/api for GO_PN is not working
7 and I think it is because each package must be dealt with separately.
8
9 Back story:
10
11 I have an ebuild I made a while ago back when the norm was to hack up a
12 copy of GOROOT minus the package and build the package with that root,
13 then install. It is located here:
14
15 https://github.com/Tatsh/tatsh-overlay/blob/master/dev-go/google-api-go-client/google-api-go-client-0_p20150428.ebuild
16
17 I do need to update all my Go ebuilds for golang-* eclasses, not just
18 this one, because the old way was to install to /usr/lib/go rather than
19 /usr/lib/go-gentoo.
20
21 But besides that, this ebuild was only intended to fulfil the
22 dependencies of Odeke Drive (a Google Drive client, especially since
23 Grive is now dead due to API changes). You can see this in the loop that
24 only deals with the packages drive/v2 and googleapi. (Just to note, I
25 would love to see Odeke Drive in the tree as there is no longer a
26 working Google Drive client in the tree.)
27
28 Thanks
29 Andrew