From: Simeon Walker <simeon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 1.4rc1 emerge tiff fails
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:18:15
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm new here, hope this is the right list for this problem:
4
5 I've just started trying out Gentoo by installing 1.4rc1.
6 I did it in vmware a couple of days ago and it worked fine
7 (building my own stage 2 and 3)
8
9 Today I am trying it (again in vmware but to a real disk)
10 and the emerge of kde fails whilst building tiff.
11
12 I tried all sorts of things but finally found that emerge
13 tiff works *after* I have done jpeg. Does this mean that
14 there is a dependancy missing?
15
16 Well, my build is still going, X is done, waiting for kde...
17
18 Regards,
19 Simeon
22 Simeon Walker, email: simeon@×××××××××××××.uk
23 School of Biological Sciences, phone: +44 (0)1248 383702
24 University of Wales, Bangor, fax: +44 (0)1248 382569
25 Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, UK. www: http://biology.bangor.ac.uk/