From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:21:00
1 2011-06-29 02:33:34 Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek) napisaƂ(a):
2 > With python-updater, well, some time ago Ali Polatel implemented some
3 > approaches to get rid of python-updater, by exporting some variable in
4 > ebuilds that needed to be rebuilt when new python versions were
5 > installed. I dont recall what happened with that, but we could think
6 > of some ways to finally get rid of python-updater.
7
8 He added python_need_rebuild() function, which sets PYTHON_NEED_REBUILD variable, which is
9 checked by python-updater, so that python-updater can avoid checking CONTENTS files in VDB
10 and calling scanelf on all installed files.
13 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis