From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing ebuild for Mirror and CI scripts
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:53:37
1 Hi Mike,
2
3 On 3/27/20 4:31 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 > On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM Samuel Bernardo
5 > <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Dear all,
7 >>
8 >> Would it be possible to create official ebuilds for Gentoo
9 >> infrastructure projects, such as:
10 >>
11 >> https://github.com/mgorny/repo-mirror-ci
12 >>
13 >> https://github.com/mgorny/pkgcheck-result-parser
14 >>
15 > Neither repo has any tagged "releases". I don't see how an ebuild
16 > would be particularly useful. How do you intend to use them?
17
18 I was looking into the Gentoo Build Service[1] project and then realized
19 that you already have the tools I could use for my local CI.
20
21 For instance, looking into both projects that are being used in Gentoo
22 Infrastructure I could create easily my own development and
23 infrastructure environment using third party resources.
24
25 If the repositories owner doesn't want to create the tags I could fork
26 them, create the releases and publish the ebuilds in my overlay.
27
28 But I believe the owner would create them and then we could have
29 official ebuilds... I can ask him gently if he don't mind to create tags.
30
31 Best,
32
33 Samuel