From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Wordiness
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:47:11
1 On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 23:33:02 -0600
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 05:31 Fri 21 Dec , Matt Turner wrote:
5 > > My point is that you consistently write long essays that I, and
6 > > apparently most others, don't bother to read. I'm not sure if
7 > > you're aware of this.
8 > >
9 > > Someone said on IRC this morning in response to this thread
10 > >
11 > > > the tragic thing is that guy would be able to make valuable
12 > > > contributions if it weren't for the excessive length of his mails
13 > >
14 > > So, your emails are way too long. A huge percentage of recipients
15 > > don't bother to read them. I don't know whether you just enjoy
16 > > writing (you must!) or if you hope to actually be heard, but as it
17 > > stands now you're not being heard by most.
18 >
19 > Just coming back from Christmas vacation, but ...
20
21 Now if we could also get everyone to post the relevant bits of the message they
22 are replying to, instead of the entire thing. [1]
25 Regards,
26 jer
29 [1] I quoted the whole thing since in this context, it actually mattered. [2]
30 [2] And nobody argue now that it's useful in case you missed/deleted the
31 original message - that's what archives are for.