From: Aadi Deshpande <cilqproj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] zope
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:12:14
1 Part of the zope issue is that Portage ( and by extension, Gentoo ) uses Python 2.2
2 I just did a quick check on zope.org and they're still working with Python 2.1, causing compatibility issues.
3 I don't know what the plan is to resolve this ( possibly a zope-specific installation of python 2.1, i.e. zpython or maybe waiting for Zope to move up to Python 2.2 ), but I'm also interested in knowing what direction is suitable.
4 I'm going to need zope for work-related purposes RSN, so I'd be more than happy to help address this issue.
5 -a