From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Usages of CVS $Header$ keyword in ebuilds - use cases wanted
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:36:12
1 On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:31:21PM +0200, Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > > For evaluating existing uses of the primary case, I took a glance at
3 > > Bugzilla. There are 624 bugs total that contain a $Header$ with an
4 > > existing Gentoo path. At least 143 of those are for new packages or
5 > > version bumps (they copied existing ebuilds).
6 > it appears we have decided to keep the $Header$ keyword in ebuilds for
7 > now. however, what about removing it from the ChangeLog?
8 The Debian pkg generation was the only use-case that didn't have an
9 immediate other solution. The Prefix guys need it while we are still on
10 CVS, but said it could vanish on the other side of the Git migration.
11
12 So probably just keep it everywhere until we switch VCS.
13
14 Random plug: Interested in VCS migration? Subscribe to the gentoo-scm
15 list.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85