From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:41:11
1 Mike Auty kirjoitti:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> If you can't manage weekly commits, you can't respond to security
4 >> issues either.
5 >
6 > I can see your point, I was more thinking about developers who have
7 > maybe one or two small packages that don't have many version bumps or
8 > bugs. They may be entirely able to respond to security issues, but may
9 > not have reason to make the weekly commit quota. I don't know the
10 > habits of developers well enough to know if this is a reasonable scenario?
11 >
12 > I was under the impression that if a dev couldn't respond quickly enough
13 > to a security issue, the security team could take steps (mask the
14 > package, try to fix it) to ensure the package doesn't pose a problem (as
15 > is presumably the case now with devs who forget to mark themselves as
16 > away). Depending on the actions you envisaged (sending a warning email,
17 > marking as away or retiring) this could create a lot of extra work for
18 > little benefit. If it was simply a warning email it might not be very
19 > pointful, but marking them as away then it sounds like it could be
20 > useful and automated... 5:)
21 >
22 > Mike 5:)
23
24 Undertakers would still be processing the retirements. What I am talking
25 about is changing how the list of potentially inactive people is created.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri