From: Corvus Corax <corvus-ml@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enemy Territory ebuild
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:31:08
1 Am Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:30:36 -0400
2 schrieb Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>:
3
4 > I want to ask the opinion of everyone. I updated Enemy-Territory
5 > yesterday to close two bugs. In doing so, I made the decision to make
6 > the newest version of Enemy Territory use the new full download. I have
7 > had requests from people to have the full download, rather than the
8 > original download + patches, as the ebuild.
9 >
10 > Well, I am thinking of breaking up the enemy-territory ebuilds into two
11 > ebuilds. There would be an enemy-territory ebuild, which would use the
12 > original download + patches (and therefore be dial-up friendly) and the
13 > enemy-territory-full ebuild, which would always download and install the
14 > complete game from the most recent version. This should satisfy both
15 > camps and also make the ebuild a bit more dial-up friendly.
16 >
17 > Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?
18 >
19 > --
20 > Chris Gianelloni
21 > Developer, Gentoo Linux
22 > Games Team
23 >
24 > Is your power animal a penguin?
27 I'd say, pack it into one ebuild and make it intelligent, some check like
28 "if an old tar.gz is already installed, download just the needed patches and patch,
29 but if it has to be downloaded anyway, download the newer "full" installation"
30 that saves the users from having to download both,
31 for example when installing the original .56 yesterday
32 and upgrading from .56 to .56-r1 today (grrrrr)
33
34 Corvus
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list