From: neuron <neuron@×××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some questions regarding catalyst.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:03:06
1 Since I've been asked once earlier today aswell, and it's just a little info, I'll throw it in the mailinglist.
2
3 modify default_runscript, in the setupfs) part add:
4 cp -rv override/* "$clst_chroot_path" &>override.log (note, add this after or before the bash command, it shouldn'r run in chroot).
5 and mkdir override (catalyst will find that dir in the dir your run catalyst from)
6
7 in the override dir simply add a /etc/conf.d/local.start script containing
8
9 rm /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 &>/dev/null
10 /usr/sbin/hwsetup
11 /usr/sbin/mkxf86config.sh
12
13 and your done :)
14
15 note that you'll also need hwsetup/hwdata-knoppix (optional) and mkxf86config merged for this to work :)
16
17 > Hmm, you got my attention. Any chance you could email
18 > me privately with the steps you do to get all the
19 > hardware detection running? I assume I`ll need to
20 > modify the livecd-stage2 script, but I`m quite confused
21 > by it.
22 >
23 > TIA.
24 >