From: "Toralf Förster" <toralf@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Discontinuing LibreSSL support?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 18:18:26
1 On 12/29/20 7:10 PM, m1027 wrote:
2 > toralf:
3 >
4 >> On 12/29/20 2:57 PM, m1027 wrote:
5 >>> - removing libressl, installing openssl, maybe wget then, followed
6 >>> by the rest?
7 >> remove is sufficient b/c emerge then immediately advices a
8 >> @preserved-rebuild - at least that's the way it works here at the
9 >> tinderbox (in the opposite direction FWIW)
10 > I gave it a shot and it did not work that way here. After
11 > uninstalling libressl and removing all according USE flags,
12 > @preserved-rebuild always tried to pull in libressl again.
13 >
14 > Maybe emerge -1 openssl, then emerge -auDUN @preserved-rebuild
15 > --nodeps helps.
18 Hhm, for OpenSSL->LibreSSL this works since years to autaomtically setup
19 a new tinderbox image:
20 https://github.com/toralf/tinderbox/blob/master/bin/setup_img.sh#L494
21
22 but I never tried the other way around.
27 Toralf
28 PGP 23217DA7 9B888F45

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature