From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:34:03
1 twofourtysix wrote:
2 >
3 > Not being privy to -core either, I am wondering about the apparently
4 > hypocritical stance being taken on this issue.
5
6 I'm not sure if you caught the last few mails, but as stated, opinions posted on
7 the Planet/Blog/Bathroom Stall are simply _opinions_ of individual entities.
8 They are _not_ opinions of the entire organization, no matter how many opinions
9 for or against there may be.
10
11 As such, the following events can be expected to occur:
12 1) Software will _not_ be removed from the tree simply because
13 it is made by a company who just so happens to favour
14 software patents.
15
16 2) This pointless debate will eventually die, because if it doesn't
17 I'm going to start quoting select excerpts from Vogon Poetry.
18
19 3) If the Vogon Poetry fails, I'll start reading excerpts from
20 Grunthos the Flatulent's "Ode To A Small Lump Of Green Putty
21 I Found In My Armpit One Midsummer Morning".
22
23 4) If that happens to fail, which it shouldn't, I'll be forced to
24 depths I haven't visited in quite a long time: Poetry from
25 Paul Neil Milne Johnstone.
26
27 5) Everyone will become happy, and help Save the Pikachus.
30 --Kumba
33 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
34 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
35
36 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
37 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list