From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Sunrise: way forward, semi-official, review
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:10:12
1 To my fellow developers and users,
2
3 with the council meeting not much has changed for Sunrise:
4 "Sunrise is still suspended/closed in overlays until the details can be
5 hashed out"
6
7 And that is what we are doing now. We have moved the overlay to
8 gentoo-sunrise.org to analyze, improve and hash out the details. So the
9 Sunrise project is now "semi-official". While being an official Gentoo
10 Project run by Gentoo developers it is not currently hosted on gentoo.org.
11
12 We have also implemented review and added the overlay to layman. It works
13 like follows:
14 - users are only able to commit to sunrise/
15 - developers merge the commit to reviewed/ when they are happy with it
16 review/ is what is available in layman.
17
18 Adding ebuilds from bugzilla is regaining speed and we are looking for new
19 developers and users to help this project grow. Just drop by in
20 #gentoo-sunrise if you want to help reviewing or have comments and
21 suggestions.
22
23 Kind regards,
24 Stefan Schweizer