From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused profiles
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:32:37
1 On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:30:10 +0100
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:08:26 +0100
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > (CC-ing a lot of potentially interested teams)
8 > >
9 > > Hi, everyone.
10 > >
11 > > I've did a quick sweep of profiles/ directory for unused profiles.
12 > > Unused means: not used as parent of any other profile, and not
13 > > listed in profiles.desc.
14 >
15 > For deleting a profile, unused means "no user is currently using it".
16 > I think "remove after 1 year out of profiles.desc" is a much saner
17 > rule for deletion.
18
19 And obviously, assuming people add the 'deprecated' file there when
20 removing from profiles.desc so that users get notified.