From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:20:00
1 1.3.2006, 1:40:53, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 19:28, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:13:57 -0600 Lance Albertson
5 >>
6 >> <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
7 >> | I should note that if are a Gentoo Developer and have
8 >> | problems/concerns/issues with Ciaran's attitude/actions, please
9 >> | comment on bug #114944. (this bug is only open to Gentoo developers).
10 >> | Its better if you say it yourself in this bug rather than letting
11 >> | other people quoting what you say.
12 >>
13 >> I should note that if you are a Gentoo developer who has found my
14 >> advice helpful, you should comment on bug #114944 since certain people
15 >> are trying to turn Gentoo development into a popularity contest.
16
17 > there's a lot more to the issue, but it's sad if that's all you see in the bug
18 > -mike
19
20 Indeed. Ciaran, that bug is not about technical competence; it's about your
21 civil communication skills, that are as lacking as penguins on the Sahara
22 desert in your case. Technical skills themselves are not useful for a
23 project the requires you to communicate w/ other people in a civilized
24 manner.
25
26 As someone else noted, certains "skills" might be fit for a car salesmen but
27 not for developers of a Linux distro. If a company hires a technically
28 brilliant QA guy only to find out later on that this brilliant guy has
29 killed the whole team while communicating his finding to others in such
30 style you have shown on this thread and on many other occasions before,
31 it'll be the QA guy who gets booted out, not the whole team. If that doesn't
32 happen soon enough, the rest of the team can leave meanwhile and the whole
33 business is doomed.
37 jakub