From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] quixote currently unmaintained
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:29:58
1 On Monday 31 October 2005 22:44, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Checked the bugzilla and the two open bugs seem to be version bumps. I
3 > think the policy is not to remove working ebuilds from the tree although
4 > they are not maintained by anyone.
5 I follow Petteri's statement, I don't think we should remove a package just
6 because it has noone maintaining it, and is just hanging below latest
7 versions, without other reasons, else we should remove a good 90% of what we
8 have in media-video and media-sound.
9
10 It's different if things accumulates bug over bugs, like xmms was, or are
11 broken and unmaintained upstream.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE