From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: dhruba@××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFree on server?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:56:12
1 What I usually do in that kind of situation is to mask the package
2 I don't want, and retry. Then emerge tell me what is depending on it,
3 and I check if some use flags can solve the problem, or I also mask this
4 second package, etc., until I find what I can unmerge or which use flag
5 to change to solve the issue.
6
7 % mkdir -p /etc/portage (in case you don't have one already)
8 % echo "x11-base/xfree" >> /etc/portage/package.mask
9 % emerge -Duvp world
10
11 You should get this error message:
12
13 !!! all ebuilds that could satisfy "virtual/x11" have been masked.
14 !!! (dependency required by "xxxxx/yyyy-1.2.3" [ebuild])
15
16 It will be a good starting point to track the issue up to its origin.
20 TGL.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list