From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Masking questions
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:18:07
1 On Friday 25 October 2002 21:03, Emiel Kollof wrote:
2 >
3 > So, how does (un)masking really work, besides commenting it out of the
4 > package.mask file? Show me documentation please. :)
5
6 You've been hit by keywords masking. In ebuilds there is one variable:
7 KEYWORDS that specifies what architectures the the ebuild works for.
8 "ppc" means it compiles for pcc. "~ppc" means it is being tested under ppc.
9 "-ppc" means it is known not to compile for ppc.
10
11 If you test some package under ppc and it works, and is not marked available
12 for ppc then post a bug, that it works for you and the ppc flag can be added
13 (of course when there is allready such a bug, just add a works for me too
14 comment)
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze