From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there any way I can help with pull requests?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 09:27:29
1 On 13/10/2018 15.31, Tomas Mozes wrote:
2 > You can review the PRs and try to remove common errors before the devs
3 > check it. Then they don't have to correct the same mistakes again. I don't
4 > mean you do the corrections, you just suggest them to the PR authors so
5 > they probably won't repeat them again.
6 >
7 > Common stuff like:
8 > - using latest eapi (at least for new pkgs)?
9 > - correct distfile name?
10 > - proxy maint project in metadata?
11 > - correct, sorted deps?
12 > - slot operators for rebuilds?
13 > - working tests if possible?
14 > - patches from reliable sources?
15 > - using || die after commands?
16 > - reusing eclasseses instead of custom solutions?
17 > - openrc/systemd done right?
18 > - is it secure?
19 > - you name it... :)
20 >
21 > Maybe we could script some of these to help too.
24 This is my list of most frequent comments on new ebuilds:
25
26 * Please test the ebuild with repoman full -d -x
27 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Repoman
28 * We always try to use the latest EAPI, please bump to EAPI=7
29 * Please remove obsolete lines
30 * KEYWORDS need ~ after a version bump run ekeyword ~all YOUREBUILD
31 * please fix the header. (see /usr/portage/skel.ebuild and
32 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/eapi/)
33 * We usually sort the KEYWORDS as ekeywords does. This makes comparison
34 between packages easier. Simply run ekeywords on the ebuild to let it sort.
35 * Please be more specific in the DESCRIPTION. The objective description
36 may be <=80 characters long.
37 * Please introduce local variables with "local"
38 * A bot can look for additional mistakes, if you upload a PR via github
41 You could create a checklist on the wiki.
42 Some of these tests can be done by repoman
45 Best,
46 Jonas