From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:24:56
1 Christopher Sawtell wrote:
2 > On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Jakub Moc wrote:
3 >
4 >> Kevin F. Quinn napsal(a):
5 >> [snip]
6 >>
7 >> See, I don't really care how the reporter feels, if something's not a
8 >> bug, then it's not a bug.
9 >>
10 > In which case it must be a feature, so why not use the keyword FEATURE?
13 Why would we need a keyword for that? We already have "enhancement" as a
14 possible value of the severity field.
15 > imnsho it's very important not to cause deliberate offense, because doing so
16 > perpetuates the idea that FOSS movement people are an unpleasant bunch of
17 > individuals. This causes users to make the choice of using computer products
18 > from elsewhere, and developers to spend their free time doing other things.
19 >
20 FOSS _is_ a bunch of individuals, each with their own agenda. Whether
21 they're unpleasant or not, it is a subjective issue.
22
23 One of the FOSS strengths is always telling the truth, which applied to
24 invalid bugs translates as closing them with INVALID resolution.
25 If the reporter takes it as a personal offense, it is by all means his
26 problem, not ours.
27
28 Someone once said (Linus maybe?) "Linux is user-friendly, only chooses
29 its friends more carefully".