From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item announcing as-needed (glep 42 stuff)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 04:15:06
1 On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 03:02:35 -0400
2 Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 07/28/2010 01:26 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
5 > > We default to --hash-style=both everywhere which already covers it.
6 >
7 > No it does not, for two reasons: one, the portage QA check is run only
8 > if LDFLAGS actually contains the string "--hash-style=gnu" and two, the
9 > portage QA check actually checks to see if the section (.hash) that
10 > would be output by --hash-style=sysv or --hash-style=both is present. If
11 > it is present, then the check fails, as --hash-style=gnu does not output
12 > a .hash section.
13
14 My mistake. Thanks for the correction.
18 fonts, gcc-porting, and it's all by design
19 toolchain, wxwidgets to keep us from losing our minds
20 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662