From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [gentoo-java][PR] ivy, mvn, sbt, gradle builders improvement for ebuild development
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 15:22:59
1 Dear Java team,
2
3 I send this email to mention that it seems to be missing eclasses for
4 JVM builders such as those I mention in this email subject. Dependencies
5 and tasks management are hard tasks now that I think to have great scope
6 for improvement.
7
8 Looking into the developments made in go eclasses, there is a very
9 interesting solution in go-module.eclass with EGO_SUM to avoid the need
10 of additional tarballs to fulfill the network sandbox requirement. This
11 way, dependencies could be listed from files, optimizing the current
12 approach without requiring to distribute blinded dependency tarballs.
13
14 I also check java-ant-2.eclass to manage build tasks for ant. Would be
15 very useful to have eclass like this for the other builders.
16
17 Also review java-pkg-2.eclass and java-utils-2.eclass that are more
18 related to Java packages and ant builder. Seems more difficult than
19 usual to understand them and how to apply to other projects. Maybe to
20 turn this more friendly a java-common.eclass could be created for
21 example, collecting the common variables and functions such as
22 java-pkg_getjars and java-pkg_dojar, to reuse them with all JVM dialect
23 related projects.
24
25 Are you forging any solutions already to improve this kind of PR?
26
27 Thanks,
28
29 Samuel