From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:43:07
1 On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:30:07 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
5 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:55:47 -0400
7 > > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
8 > >
9 > >>
10 > >> The --unmerge option is there to let people shoot themselves in the
11 > >> feet if they know what they're doing.
12 > >
13 > > Not sure why anyone would have objection to such a warning like
14 > > exists for other things.
15 >
16 > I don't think I've seen anybody raise such an objection.
17
18 Then why are we talking -c vs -C, when BOTH need more output...
19 If there is no objection, why all the emails on -c vs -C?
20
21 Neither using -c nor -C addresses the issues I am mentioning with
22 either. Yet people keep on about those two things and missing the
23 actual point. Which you say there is no objection. Maybe there is no
24 understanding rather than objection.
25
26 If people understood, then saying use -c or -C makes no sense. It does
27 not address the lack of output from either I am talking about.
30 William L. Thomson Jr.