From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: oldnet scripts splitting out from OpenRC
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:50:26
1 Hey, all!
2
3 Just one question: why do you all talking about IUSE=+oldnet, but not
4 REQUIRED_USE="^^ ( net oldnet )" for example?
8 24.04.2013 23:16, William Hubbs пишет:
9 > All,
10 >
11 > it has been suggested that gentoo's oldnet scripts be split out into
12 > their own package separate from OpenRC so that they can be developed
13 > independently. I am looking at doing this for OpenRC 0.12, which I hope
14 > to release soon.
15 >
16 > This means when you emerge or upgrade to openrc-0.12, the net.* scripts
17 > will no longer be included. I am going to call the separate package that
18 > includes these scripts gentoo-oldnet.
19 >
20 > My plan is to write a newsitem when OpenRC 0.12 is released
21 > telling users this and that they will have to emerge gentoo-oldnet to
22 > get the gentoo networking scripts or turn on the newnet (maybe I'll
23 > change this to net) use flag to get OpenRC's network scripts installed
24 > and put ewarns in the ebuild if this use flag is turned off.
25 >
26 > I feel that a newsitem and ewarns in the OpenRC ebuild cover live
27 > systems well. In a nutshell, users should pay attention to their news
28 > items and ewarns.
29 >
30 > On the other hand, some are suggesting that I should add a runtime
31 > dependency to OpenRC so that it pulls in gentoo-oldnet. Since OpenRC
32 > doesn't need gentoo-oldnet in order to run, I feel like this would be
33 > abusing dependencies.
34 >
35 > Does anyone have any thoughts?
36 >