From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problems with emerge
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:32:11
1 fre 2001-12-14 klockan 09.04 skrev Karas Michael:
2 > Hi Gentoo Developers !
3
4 Hi!
5
6 > First of all : You did a great job !!!
7
8 Thanks from allt he developers :)
9
10 > * How to change to the mirror server !?!? (The one in france ...as this
11 > would be much faster for europe )
12
13 Add
14 GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://cfx5.tgv.net/mirror/gentoo/"
15 in /etc/make.conf
16
17 > * But the most important thing: since the last 3 days no emerge did work
18 > !!!!???
19 > (I had an active working connection , but got the message like:
20 > www.ibiblio.org:80...blablabla : no route to host...
21 > I could ping the machine I could read the websites ...no problem ....
22 > => Did you change some directory structues ????
23
24 no route to host indicates some problems on the way between you and
25 ibiblio. If the problem don't go away the best way would be to contact
26 your ISP and tell them about the problem.
27
28 Regards,
29 Mikael Hallendal
33 Mikael Hallendal
34 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
35 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden