From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 05:09:51
1 On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 15 June 2012 12:45, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On 15 June 2012 09:58, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
5 > >> So, anyone been thinking about this? I have, and it's not pretty.
6 > >>
7 > >> Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to
8 > >> sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that
9 > I've
10 > >> been wondering about.
11 > >
12 > > Sounds like something the Gentoo Foundation could do.
13 >
14 > I'm certainly not the only one who would be averse to paying Microsoft
15 > any ransom money.
18 Last I heard Verisign was handling the signing certs, but that also doesn't
19 mean MS isn't getting a cut of the profit.
22 - Matt