From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, riscv@g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@×××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to structure our RISC-V support
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 16:08:33
1 > I'm fine with rust masked in lp64/other profile..
2 > but in my opinion: it's really up to upstream should fix/support it
3 >
4 > > (Unless Palmer et al come up with a fix for the libdirs on the
5 > > upstream side of things. Already e.g. libdir=lib64-lp64d would be
6 > > much easier to handle I suspect.)
7 >
8 > using one level path (eg. lib64-lp64d) won't fix the problem,
9 > the root cause is that we use a 'non-standard' lib path (QT5, Cmake
10 > issue), not matter it's one level or two level path, see bug here
11
12 I suspect this may need some more analysis.
13
14 But, if we transition in non-multilib cases to normal lib64, then we
15 have all the time in the world to figure it out.
18 Andreas K. Hüttel
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)