From: Ed Grimm <paranoid@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 06:26:21
1 On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:29:50PM -0700 or thereabouts, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >> We should offer a parallel survey to developers only to gauge the impact
5 >> on that community.
6 >
7 > I don't really consider the two communities separate. Developers are users
8 > to and would be encouraged to vote in the poll asking about the value of
9 > the service.
10
11 I think that depends a lot on exactly what you mean by developer. If,
12 by developer, you mean those people who've been graced with gentoo.org
13 accounts, I suspect that, as far as attitudes go, you're probably right.
14
15 If, on the other hand, you mean those people who think of themselves as
16 developers, and anyone else who actively assists with gentoo
17 development, you might be surprised - Gentoo is apparently getting some
18 real users (by that, I mean users who are not also developers), and
19 their attitudes on what works and what doesn't typically varies greatly
20 from those of developers. In some instances, what developers feel is
21 merely annoying is a complete obstacle to a user. In others, what
22 developers are highly concerned about makes no difference to a user.
23
24 Ed
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list