From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:13:56
1 On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 14:40 -0600, Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > A possible way to alleviate this is proactivity on the maintainer's
3 > part. Our current rule for going testing->stable is 30 days. If we
4 > could alert the arch teams x number of days in advance they could
5 > test
6 > it before the end of the period minimizing delays. Since all arch
7 > teams
8 > would need this alert a relevant script could be created/modified.
9
10 That's where having some devs/ATs running stable, and others running
11 testing really helps.. That and chroots for core packages going from
12 package.masked to testing. It's worked well for amd64 that way.
15 Homer Parker
16 Gentoo/AMD64 Arch Tester Strategic Lead
17 hparker@g.o
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list