From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/OpenBSD current status
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:21:45
1 On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:54:44 +0000 (UTC)
2 "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@×××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Benda Xu wrote:
5 > > > > I was wondering if the openbsd prefix support is something
6 > > > > that is still garnering any interest from gentoo?
7 >
8 > > > There is still interest in Gentoo. But no one seems to have energy to
9 > > > take care of it.
10 >
11 > > FWIW I have interest in this as well.
14 > > > Your contribution is welcomed.
15 >
16 > > What contributions are known to be needed at the moment?
19 > > Kind regards
20 >
21 > > //Peter
22 >
23 > What about NetBSD and FreeBSD?
24 >
25 > I use NetBSD and FreeBSD but am not interested in OpenBSD, inside or outside Gentoo.
26 >
27 > I am also curious about whether crossdev could be used to cross-compile to Linux (glibc, musl or uClibc-ng).
28
29 I don't see why not. If I can cross-build Windows binaries on Linux
30 then anything is possible!
31
32 > My impression, from Gentoo website, was that (Net, Open, Free)BSD prefix support was no longer active.
35 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
36 Gentoo Linux Developer