From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:45:15
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > ÷ þÔ×, 24/03/2011 × 17:59 -0400, Mike Frysinger ÐÉÛÅÔ:
3 >> is there any reason we should allow people to commit unsigned
4 >> Manifest's anymore ?
5 >
6 > Why? Without policy on how we do that and more importantly how we check
7 > that signing makes no sense...
8
9 so you want to wait until we have a 100% fully automated checking
10 system in place before even attempting the first 1% ? that doesnt
11 make much sense ... you have to start somewhere.
12
13 there's also nothing stopping people from verifying packages right now
14 by picking some keys to trust. i can certainly verify a lot of
15 packages by following the web of trust that starts at my key.
16 -mike