From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A policy to support random superuser account names
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 22:55:16
1 * Stefan Behte <craig@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > in some environments you have to rename "root" to something else, just
4 > to be compliant to a (maybe dumb) security policy. This might be the
5 > case for PCI, and as far as I remember, it is necessary (not just
6 > "recommended") for a BSI Grundschutz certification (meaning something
7 > like "basic security protection") [1]. Unfortunately I didn't find the
8 > exact link.
9
10 Well, the BSI probably isn't such a good reference point. They officially
11 approved "secure" infrastructures for govermental crimes ... ;-o
14 cu
15 --
17 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
19 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
20 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
21 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
22 http://patches.metux.de/