From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:31:53
1 On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 12:35 +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
2 > > Can anybody explain me the difference between them ?
3 >
4 > Well, you better discuss that with your fellow developers. It was they
5 > who didn't want us to become developers and gave us the title of staff
6 > instead.
7
8 You really don't give up on these semantics, do you?
9
10 All of our infrastructure "developers" whom have not taken the ebuild
11 quiz are actually "staff". The *only* distinction between the two is
12 CVS access. Please quit trying to make this out to be some form of "us
13 versus them" argument when there is none. If *any* of the moderators,
14 or even forums members, were to take the ebuild quiz and follow the
15 recruitment process, then they would become "developers" for Gentoo. It
16 is as simple as that.
17
18 > > > Didn't I say that was already agreed with devrel?
19 > >
20 > > Do I have to quit saying that I think that's wrong? No thanks. You are
21 > > the only group that will make new devs apart from devrel.
22 >
23 > You are obviously free to state your opinion. But this *maybe* is not
24 > to be discussed with us.
25
26 Discussed with you that you need to follow the same rules as all of the
27 other Gentoo members?
28
29 > If you didn't notice, as Christian already state before, we ARE
30 > official, we are NOT joining you. We are simply getting our DESERVED
31 > recognition.
32
33 Really? Where is your account on toucan? How about your name on the
34 roll call?
35
36 I don't mean to sound rude, but while you have always been a part of
37 Gentoo, youw ere not official, otherwise we would not be having this
38 conversation, at all.
39
40 > IMHO that argument is more than enough.
41
42 However, it is not to some of us. Perhaps rather than taking such a
43 stubborn, argumentative stance, you would give positive examples or
44 arguments with some merit?
45
46 At this point, you wouldn't have my vote.
49 Chris Gianelloni
51 Games - Developer
52 Gentoo Linux