From: Malte Obbel Forsberg <door@×××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem with Zangband ebuild
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:40:00
1 Sorry, this mail was posted to the wrong mail list in the first place.
2 I still need help though.. :-P
3
4 Begin forwarded message:
5
6 Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:56:17 +0200
7 From: Malte Obbel Forsberg <door@×××××××××××.nu>
8 To: gentoo-user@g.o
9 Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with Zangband ebuild
12 I'm making an ebuild for one of my favourite games (besides nethack ;-); Zangband.
13 The ebuild is nearly ready, except that I can't pass the CHOST to the compile-process ..
14 At least I don't know how this could be achieved? Zangband (v. 2.6.2 - will be a ebuild for
15 2.4.0 and 2.7.0 of course, when I get this one working) does not have a ./configure-script, so I
16 cant just pass the CHOST as a switch to configure like this: ./configure --host=${CHOST}, sadly..
17
18 There is no entry for this in the makefile, of course, since the makefile don't know what machine
19 you are working on. Though, I suppose this problem would be solveable by just adding a line to the
20 makefile, for example like this:
21 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
22
23 Now to my question! :-P
24 How can I obtain the value of CHOST and put it in the makefile?
25
26 Yours sincerely,
27 Malte
28
29 (The CHOST value from the /etc/make.conf that is)