From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for cleaning portage a bit (themes and other eyecandy stuff)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:47:26
1 Simon Toth wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I posted this to the bugzilla, but was redirected here, so:
5 >
6 > INTRO:
7 > I have just a small proposal. There are many theme packages in portage,
8 > but many good are still missing, the problem I actually noticed when
9 > creating my own ebuild for comix cursors, is that there is really a mess
10 > in theme packages. They are both in media-gfx and x11-themes, they are
11 > named without any convention.
12
13 What would be more interesting is something like app-portage/g-cpan for
14 various themes sites. This way, individual themes wouldn't need to get
15 packaged and maintained.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie