From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Detecting gcj in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:54:31
1 Is there a Gentoo Way (tm) for testing whether a specific language
2 module is available in gcc?
3
4 ++
5
6 The specific case is gcj - I had "gcj" in my use flags from way back,
7 but I just got a field report from someone testing an ebuild I've
8 prepared saying:
9
10 > it didnt work at first, fell over in the libgtk-java install, but i
11 > figured out that i had to emerge gcc with gcj support, then I did
12 > emerge java-gnome and it all worked. Top class. Thanks again.
13
14 My ebuilds respond to USE=gcj, but I obviously need to do a dependency
15 type check. Obviously something like
16
17 test -x `which gcj`
18
19 Would serve, but is there some magic (gcc-config or better yet a
20 dependency?) which would help?
21
22 [It's almost like there should be something like virtual/gcj provided by
23 gcc if gcc is compiled with Java enabled... Hm]
24
25 AfC
26 Sydney
29 Andrew Frederick Cowie
30 Principal
31 Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd
32
33 Helping you succeed at flawlessly executing Massive
34 Changes and Upgrades to your Mission Critical Systems
35 http://www.operationaldynamics.com/infrastructure/
36
37 Sydney New York Toronto London