From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] Portage repo usage survey and change evaluation
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 08:01:31
1 >>>>> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2
3 > http://goo.gl/forms/5riWkN8VMK
4 > I've put together a quick survey about a number of potential changes
5 > to the rsync distribution that have been bike-shedded about in
6 > various IRC channels and the mailing lists for some time now.
7
8 > Questions:
9 > (answer them on the query, input via email will not be considered or
10 > bikeshedded).
11 > - do you use changelogs
12 > - (rsync) exclude changelogs to save local disk space
13 > - (rsync) order of changelog entries?
14 > - Augment/replace rsync with git repo that has thick-Manifests,
15 > changelogs, metadata
16
17 > I'll report the results not sooner than 2 weeks from now, but I
18 > might put together some intermediate results if I see anything
19 > interesting happening.
20
21 Have I missed your posting the results of this? Especially, what is
22 the preferred ordering of ChangeLog entries?
23
24 Ulrich