From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installing portage in another directory structure
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:10:11
1 On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 04:35:57PM +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
2 >
3 > just thinking about portage and thinking about using it to build up a
4 > dedicated software build server.
5 >
6 > As I saw portage want a hardcoded structure for config files etc. (e.g. /etc
7 > /usr/portage/...).
8 >
9 > I'm not the best python programmer, but can I replace all hardcoded
10 > directories to configurable entries ?
11
12 Edit /etc/make.conf... here is part you want to look at...
13
14 # PORTDIR is the location of the portage tree. This is the repository
15 # for all profile information as well as all ebuilds. This directory
16 # itself can reach 200M. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND that you change this.
17 #PORTDIR=/usr/portage
18
19 Cheers,
20 Jack Morgan