From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] PowerPC status
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:31:52
1 Hello,
2
3 The PowerPC development team has had our 2nd monthly meeting and I
4 wanted to provide an update on where we are.
7 1) Active Developers
8
9 The following are activly working on PPC/PPC64 as far as I know.
10 If I've listed you in error, please let me know.
13 Agostino Sarubbo (ago) - stablereq
14 Anthony G. Basile (blueness) - keywordreq, profiles
15 Jeroen Roovers (jer) - developer
16 Jack Morgan (jmorgan) - lead, keywordreq
17 Joseph Jezak (josejx) - docs, keywordreq
18 Luca Barbato (lu_zero) - keywordreq
19 Mikle Kolyada (zlongene) - developer
22 I've sent email to the following devs but haven't head back yet so don't
23 know your current status.
24
25 Mark Loeser (halcy0n)
26 Gysbert Wassenaar (nixnut)
27 Michael Weber (xmw)
30 2) Documentation
31
32 Our current documentation needs to be updated. We plan to consolidate
33 both PPC and PPC64 herds/projects into one project/herd called PowerPC.
34 In addition, we will be updating the FAQ and grub2 guide for powerpc.
37 3) keywordreq/stablereq
38
39 We have one working on stablereq (ago) and the rest focussing on
40 keywordreq. We will continue to keep both ppc and ppc64 keywords. We
41 know that we have been slow to respond in the past and are working to
42 change that. Feel free to ping me if feel we need to focus on something
43 specific. Otherwise, allow us to get our keywordreq/stablereq down to
44 a manageable level.
47 4) mailing lists
48
49 We currently have two inactive mailing lists...
50
51 gentoo-ppc-user - For Gentoo Linux/PowerPC user support and discussion
52 gentoo-ppc-dev - For Gentoo Linux/PowerPC developer discussion
53
54 We will consolidate them into one mailing list:
55
56 gentoo-powerpc - For all Gentoo Linux PowerPC discussion.
59 If you would to help out or have a question, you can find us in
60 #gentoo-powerpc.
63 Thanks,
64 --
65 Jack Morgan
66 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>>
67 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A