From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:36:25
1 Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at> posted
2 1181592652.5808.3.camel@××××××××××.lnet, excerpted below, on Mon, 11 Jun
3 2007 22:10:52 +0200:
4
5 > On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 19:01 +0200, Alexander Gabert wrote:
6 [snipped]
7
8 > if you came to the conclusion, that ciaranm is some kind of ultra-nasty
9 > troll, then why is it so hard for you to just ignore him?
10
11 Well, it would appear that the message you were replying to was the
12 actual troll. It itself called itself troll food, so the author
13 recognized/admitted part of that, but go back and read it if necessary.
14 He could ignore, but it was a deliberate troll, so he chose not to. (And
15 me, I didn't respond directly, but here I am responding in the tail, so
16 yeah, I'm rewarding the troll as well.)
17
18 You can't ignore what might or might not be a troll if you are using it
19 as a deliberate excuse to do your own trolling, which is what I see your
20 parent post (my grandparent) as being. Elements of truth, certainly,
21 that's what makes a good troll, but troll it is.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list